Sooner or later, we all face such a problem as mold in the bathroom. This problem is especially worrying because it is constantly returning. No matter how many times you remove the mold, after a while it appears again. Maybe you did something wrong? We will tell you a few secrets that will help get rid of this problem forever.
The first step is removing mold
Mold is a fungus, it can live in the bathroom in the form of spores and not be visible for some time. The black spot that we see is an overgrown mycelium. That is, the fungus is already progressing in development. To get rid of him forever, first you need to destroy the part of the fungus that we see.
Tools at hand
Both improvised tools and professional ones will become effective. The differences are only in the price and the presence of chemical elements in the product.
We will analyze the most popular and effective folk remedies for mold in the bathroom.
- Take a tablespoon of soda, and dilute it in 250 ml of water.
- Wipe with a solution of the place with mold until it disappears completely.
- Dry with a rag.
On a note! You can also dry the place with a construction vacuum cleaner. This will make the air in the bathroom even drier, which will positively affect the overall climate.
You can also use soda, slaked with vinegar.
- Pour soda into the area with the fungus.
- Gently pour vinegar on top.
- After the foam has settled, remove the black spots.
- Rinse with clean water and dry.
This tool is actively struggling with the problem.
- Add ammonia to water in a 1: 1 ratio.
- Rinse affected areas.
- Apply a small amount of the solution to the problem area and leave for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, rinse with warm water.
This tool can be purchased at any hardware store, and it will cope well with black mold in the bathroom.
- Dissolve vitriol in water 1:10.
- Apply it to damaged areas.
- Wipe well with a brush and rinse with water.
- Put some more solution on the damaged area and leave.
- After one and a half to two hours, rinse with clean water.
These improvised tools will help to cope with the problem perfectly. You can also purchase specialty anti-mold liquids from household chemical stores.
Important! Do not forget that you need to thoroughly rinse all the places with the fungus so that it does not come back.
What will help get rid of mold forever
They got rid of the manifestation of mold, but the struggle did not end there. If no further action is taken, the fungus will return.
Important! Prevention is the key to success.
To get rid of mold in the bathroom forever, periodically treat the places where it was with antifungal solutions. Among them are the following.
- Pound 20 tablets of furatsilin and pour them into a container with a spray.
- Spray the surface.
- Wipe with a dry cloth after 2 hours.
Treat problem areas with this solution once a month, and mold will not appear. You can also use another option.
Tea tree oil.
- Make a solution in the spray bottle: a teaspoon of tea tree oil in 1 cup of water.
- Mix well. Apply the solution to problem areas without rinsing.
Tea tree oil fights fungus well. It can be used not only as a preventive measure. It also has a pleasant aroma, and will also serve as an air freshener.